SAT/ACT BootCampTest prep in one day in a casual environment
Don’t worry, there are no calisthenics involved.
It’s just a focused day in a fun, learning environment that has proven success in getting students well prepared for the big day.
At CapEd, our BootCamp method is a full-day – 8 hours – of intensive review appropriately scheduled just prior to the SAT or ACT exam. We use it both as a standalone service and in conjunction with the ACT or SAT seminar courses for maximum preparation and confidence.
- The one-day workshop is offered right before the exam, exposing and drilling students on all the major skills required to be successful
- For students who haven’t taken a prep course or those repeating tests, we’ll push them through verbal and math sections of the exam, highlighting the most direct methods of increasing overall scores
- For students taking the ACT or SAT Prep Course, the BootCamp is included and available at the end of the course and is used to summarize and focus the skills learned in the prior weeks before the exam
- Answer every question. Your parents may remember the old version, but today you ARE NOT PENALIZED for guessing
- Pacing and Timing can be your strategic advantage
- Try not to second guess yourself and don’t linger on a question. If you’re really not sure of a particular question, mark it; note it; go back if you have time. Otherwise, no sweat.
- Practice! We’re not just saying this because we offer test prep. No matter what, get your hands on a practice test or 2…3…4…
CapEd ACT/SAT BootCamps
We hold BootCamps regularly, typically the Saturday prior to the exam date. A BootCamp is a focused 8-hour period of study and/or refresher on students’ exam skills – from 9:00a to 5:00p. We will go through an exam, completing sections in the allotted time to help with pacing and to recreate the exam environment. Then CapEd will take students through each question and have engaged, detailed dialogue about question structure, how to arrive most efficiently at the answers, and then tips/tricks for being prepared for attacking the exam most effectively. This test prep session will ensure your student is ready on exam day.
We will work with you to find the right session, schedule 1-on-1 time or create an additional group, depending on student interest. Click here for BootCamp schedule.
Fee: $310.00, lunch & materials provided
“Practice. Practice. Practice. It’s the difference-maker if you want to achieve your best score on the SAT or ACT exam.”
ACT Exam Dates
- Sept 8, 2018 – Deadline Aug 10, 2018
- Oct 27, 2018 – Deadline Sept 28, 2018
- Dec 8, 2018 – Deadline Nov 2, 2018
- Feb. 26, 2019 – NC Mandatory – at school
- April 13, 2019 – Deadline Mar 8, 2019
- June 8, 2019 – Deadline May 3, 2019
- July 13, 2019 – Deadline Jun 14, 2019
SAT Exam Dates
- Oct. 6, 2018 – Deadline Sept 7, 2018
- Nov. 3, 2018 – Deadline Oct 5, 2018
- Dec. 1, 2018 – Deadline Nov 2, 2018
- Mar. 9, 2019 – Deadline Feb 8, 2019
- May 4, 2019 – Deadline Apr 5, 2019
- June 1, 2019 – Deadline May 3, 2019
SAT/ACT BootCamp takeaways
- Understand and identify key math question structure to avoid the traps set by the test-makers
- How to avoid overthinking the advanced math questions
- Learn key words and phrases vernacular to streamline your reading comprehension and keep you on pace in those critical and time-consuming questions
- Learn strategies to improve your educated guessing skills