Mastering ACT/SATACT/SAT exam prep that works
Focused exam prep, clear targets
We live in the best time ever. Free access to tests and other preparation information for the SAT or ACT exams is ubiquitous. Please, take advantage of what you can, because if you are college bound – and more & more students are – getting the best score possible on these tests paves the way to the college of your choosing.
capED has been guiding students in North Carolina to better scores since our founding over 20 years ago. Our approach is meticulous. We sweat the small stuff with our students, because knowing HOW to READ the exam and what to be aware of is often MORE important than just WHAT you know. Expert instruction is key to developing this skill.
We are focused on two things: helping students become better students and preparing them to excel at their SAT/ACT exams.
ACT Exam Dates
- July 13, 2019 – Deadline June 14
- Sept 14, 2019 – Deadline Aug 16
- Oct 26, 2019 – Deadline Sept 20
- Dec 14, 2019 – Deadline Nov 18
- Feb 8, 2020 – Deadline Jan 10
- NC Mandatory ACT for Juniors – TBA
- Apr 4, 2020 – Deadline Feb 28
- June 13, 2020 – Deadline May 8
- July 18, 2020 – Deadline June 19
SAT Exam Dates
- Aug. 24, 2019 – Deadline July 26
- Oct. 5, 2019 – Deadline Sept 6
- Nov. 2, 2019 – Deadline Oct 3
- Dec. 7, 2019 – Deadline Nov 8
- Mar 14, 2020 – Deadline Feb 14
- May 2, 2020 – Deadline Apr 3
- June 6, 2020 – Deadline May 8
capED ACT/SAT Seminars
Seminars are sets of six meetings spanning over multiple weeks, and are scheduled targeting specific exam dates. Classes go from 7:00p to 9:30p. Students will go through timed practice exams in a typical test-taking environment. Each class session will include addressing a different section of the exam or different question types. We will meticulously analyze questions and pore over approaches for streamlining the test-taking process. Class sizes range from 5-8 students, so sign up early to ensure your space. If the currently listed dates don’t work, please call so we can customize a seminar for your group or team.
Fee: $795.00 * College Board text required *
Upcoming ACT Seminar Dates:
- Tuesday Seminar starting September 17th
- Wednesday Seminar starting November 6th
Note: Sunday Meeting on November 17th
Upcoming SAT Seminar Dates:
- Thursday Seminar Starting September 5th
Note: Sunday Meeting September 8th
- Wednesday Seminar Starting September 25th
- Tuesday Seminar Starting November 5th
Note: Sunday meeting on November 10th
capED ACT/SAT BootCamps
We hold BootCamps regularly, typically the Saturday prior to the exam date. A BootCamp is a focused 8-hour period of study and/or refresher on students’ exam skills – from 9:00a to 5:00p. We will go through an exam, completing sections in the allotted time to help with pacing and to recreate the exam environment. Then capED will take students through each question and have engaged, detailed dialogue about question structure, how to arrive most efficiently at the answers, and then tips/tricks for being prepared for attacking the exam most effectively. This test prep session will ensure your student is ready on exam day. If these dates don’t work, we will work with you to find the right session, schedule 1-on-1 time or create an additional group, depending on student interest.
Fee: $350.00, lunch & materials provided
Upcoming ACT BootCamp Dates:
- September 7th
- October 19th
- December 7th
Upcoming SAT BootCamp Dates:
- September 28th
- November 2nd
- November 23rd
ACT/SAT 1-on-1 Preparation
Whether you need a personalized test preparation program or require schedule flexibility that seminars do not provide, capED offers 1-on-1 programs for both the ACT and SAT. Programs generally involve 12 hours of in-house preparation, along with assignments throughout to reinforce the skills developed.
Knowing the Tests
- The SAT and ACT multiple-choice sections both take around 3 hours. The ACT has 215 MC questions, whereas the SAT has 154. Pacing and timing are very important!
- Both tests have optional essay sections.
- There is no penalty for guessing, so make sure you fill in all bubbles.